Monday, January 7, 2019

Nagtrain ak STL yana ug nagtrain ng trainee... challenging yet dili nakakatrunky kay busy ak last cycle...hihi..... :):):):):) BY the way, Sister Terante is from Southern Leyte Hinunangan.... maaram na cya magbisaya kaya iya nalang pagkaawdonon ang iwork out...hehe

Sister Angel Mae Lumbres Orquina (19 y/o) was baptized and confirmed last January 5-6, 2019. This precious soul has been the cause of great anticipation for the recent convert De Gracia Family to be sealed someday as they faced continuous trial as they shared to us since they become members of the Church yet this challenged strengthen them more (as what the mother had shared while she worked with us with her friend Marilou Bonilla, a potential soul).

Last week as well, while we are still companions with me and Sister Macaorog, we manage to minister more of the less active, active members and mostly non members in 3 days. We are so grateful of how people in this area value missionary work and respect us as servants of the Lord. Those potential people are still struggling to come to Church but they always told us that they will try "puhon". We're striving to do our best either it's us to take them to Church or we coordinated with the members but I know that as we continuously pray, increase our faith and be faithful, time will come that they will keep their commitments. We'll not give up on them as what one of the members who work with us share her experience that they did not accept the gospel in an instant but as missionaries come back again and again, their hearts are changed and they try the "virtue of the word of God" which causes a great change in their hearts. As I lead now the area in which I'm not that familiar with all the household members of the Church, we try to use (with me and Sister Terante with the help as well of the branch missionaries) the Member's List which the member themselves appreciated how we focus not only the new people to find but also those less active who have been left behind. Because of this action, we got 3 part-member referrals from the less active themselves, referral from the member's friends and more referral to be prepared as the members told us that they're gonna contact us at the right time. We're so grateful how active the branch missionaries has been these days that they love doing missionary work. Most of them set time to work with us already. 

Companion:
Sister Terante showed great enthusiasm in doing missionary work by using time wisely. I'm inspired by her as she let me feel that I'm not yet going home. During evaluation, I always challenged her to boost her confidence as she needs to OYM and find more souls. She's somewhat still apprehensive but I always told her that we are here as servants of God not just YSAs with nametag. She's very teachable enough to learn gradually.  She always told me that her desire is continuously burning to talk with everyone but there's still something that makes her shyness prevail. I know that this week's exchanges with Surigao Zone for me and Sister Talactac is one way to prove to herself that she can do it now and not someday to go beyond her comfort zone since as I've observed she has confidence everytime we have a conversation with each other. I know Sister Sanoy can help her this week as I've instructed Sister Sanoy to guide her while I'm not with her. The new Curriculum Come, Follow Me is so timely that we discussed as well that we are responsible for our own learning. There's no more trainer-trainee relationship but senior-junior to guide her to learn what she desires to learn. 

On the other hand, while I'm introducing to Sister Talactac all the duties of a Sister Training Leader, I'm amazed of her humility and diligence which inspires me more to enjoy and love missionary work. She's very teachable enough to learn things immediately with no further instructions. 

Branch:
We have a higher attendance again last Sunday and more less active came to Church. Branch missionaries are eager to do missionary work as we try to manage the overlapping schedules for them to work with us since we can't still do some splits while Sister Terante is on her training. We are still working out to have a new Branch Mission Leader for us to report already to progress of the work. We'll follow up this week.

Personal Message:
I'm happy that for my last cycle I've been given a humble and teachable junior companion and a new sister training leader as well with the same attributes. As I prayed and talked with Heavenly Father to help us in this work since it's been my first time to become STL1 as I always relied on the instruction of my STL1 before namely Sister Dela Fuente and Sister Otadoy, they inspired me a lot to hearken unto the promptings of the Spirit and not rely on my own wisdom. At first, I cried and somewhat felt fearsome and inadequate but I need to increase my faith that everything will be organized as we become united with Sister Talactac and with our leaders in the Zone. I'm praying as well that I would be humble enough to sustain our Zone Leader 1 Elder Tenorio in leading our zone.

I'm excited for the upcoming days of challenges and new revelations.


Love,

Sister Cornillez

No comments:

Post a Comment