Sunday, January 20, 2019

Details of Accomplishments:

Last week was a very busy week and the schedule for exchanges in Surigao Sisters. It has been successful and every companionship learned a lot to focus on the potential souls to be converted as well as to find by the Spirit yet despite of being busy as we continue to work again in our area, from what I've learned from the recent exchanges, we discovered more potential souls in our area who are very willing to know the truth of the restored gospel. One of them name named Ryan Artigo was the one who truly texted us last Sunday that he wanted to come to Church. He did and he desired to come back as he witnessed the good examples his Young Men friend shows in enjoying their teenage life while balancing spiritual matters. We'll continue to focus on them and be diligent in this work since we know that the field is truly white and these souls are ready to be harvested at the right time.

On Wednesday, me and Sister Dingcong were companions and I've witnessed gradually how her teaching skills improved better. She truly is great in showing initiative in OYM yet she still needs to improve her finding initiative and using her time wisely. It was only a half-day work since she got sick in the afternoon. She was diagnosed to have acute tonsillitis and her treatment is on-going now for one week. As we observed in their companionship, Sister Daen seems a bit stressed from the goals she wanted to have yet because of unexpected situations, every result seems inconsistent. We continue to strengthen her and uplift her that everything will give her experience just as what I've experienced before.

On Thursday, Sister Manquiquis was my companion. She truly showed great and amazing example in leading their area. She truly is prepared. From what I've learned from their companionship, she is continually helping Sister Ybiernas from her struggles since she needs more confidence in herself which we saw Sister Ybiernas truly can. I always remind her to sustain her leaders whatever their weaknesses are since she's already good in leading yet a leader needs to be abased in all ways yet set the best example.

On Friday, Sister Gasmena was my companion and I witnessed her being teachable in all things. There are things that she needs to improve yet I saw her potential as she teach people by the Spirit and she adjust truly her teachings based on their needs. 

Last Saturday, me and Sister Cancio were companions. She's so humble enough and sweet to accept evaluation to discover her potentials and make their area productive as we experienced that there are lots of potential souls to be taught and to come to Church, since the chapel is so near to those areas. I related to her how exciting and challenging the work has been since both of them are pulled-in in their areas now as we experienced in Mati. 

The apartment check and 72 hour kit check was done in Surigao Zone and it was the right time since new missionaries had been pulled-in and some transferred apartment. Now, we are settling the supplies needed by them.


Companion:
This is the 2nd week of Sister Terante's training and beforehand I already told her that I'm not her trainer but I'm gonna guide her all the way whatever she wanted and needed to learn. Last week somehow was so busy that Sister Sanoy acted to be her senior companion. She told me how she opened her mouth since I'm not there, she's not shy to try to talk with people but I told her not to consider me as her trainer who's gonna be the one to evaluate her a lot. I'm just there to guide her so she won't be pressured. She told me she'll gonna try. Well, I won't force her but continue to motivate her to increase her confidence and learning. She seems humble enough to listen and she told me someday she'll gonna try to trust me since she's not used to opening her feelings up to anyone just as I always ask her. I'll observe her progression in her goals this week.

Sister Talactac is amazing as she experienced her first exchanges with Surigao sisters as a Sister Training Leader. She truly showed great example and the ability to lead in our evaluation. She's so diligent enough to know everything.

Branch:
The branch missionaries are continuously working with us as they enjoyed missionary work and have the desire someday to serve. They are fellow shipping the new faces and are striving to share the gospel in many ways by setting good examples to their friends. The area broadcast by the way has not been successful last Sunday since there's a problem in the signal reception yet despite of what happened we witnessed how every member showed patience and understanding to the unexpected situation.


Love,

Sister Cornillez

No comments:

Post a Comment