Monday, November 5, 2018

These week has lots of challenges but despite of everything, our week ends happily and give us more self-realization. Finally, we have a progressing person who was referred to us by Comon Family. Bro. Carlos Ruaza (16) is a boyfriend of the daughter of Sis. Comon, Sis. Dorima Joy who was a less-active for 2 years yet the Spirit prompted her to come back to church as she shared her experience to us last Sunday. Bro. Ruaza is a bit shy during our first teaching with him and he still struggled to pray, but we know that he can overcome it as Sis. Dorima is a great example to her. We warned them as well about the eternal perspective they need to have for them someday to enter the temple. On the other hand, we have another referral who is very receptive and potential yet we will work out first their marriage with the son of Sis. Salino who is now inactive(his husband). Sis. Angelica Flores has so much trials in her life even from her immediate family that the gospel truly touches her heart to have great hopes that someday they can build an eternal family and that her husband will truly change. I'm so happy that I learned the word patience - the true meaning of it - as I prayed and talk to Heavenly Father how to handle situations which is beyond my control. Regarding the Badjao Community by the way, we have not yet come back to their village yet we will strive to go back this week but we continuously greet and minister to some of them whom we meet in the streets every time we go out. They are those who truly lack temporally yet were humble enough to receive the gospel in their lives.

Gradually, we are meeting and visiting almost all the members of Taft Branch which they requested for us to do, even meeting the less active ones. They are very humble and kind, their weaknesses is just common to any of the members of the Church who truly is an opposition which truly is inevitable. My negative expectation of the area and the branch has been gone as we ministered unto God's children in this recovering branch. 

Sister Dingcong is in her 10th week of training. She's humble and kind. We have some struggles in her training and in our work as she struggled to apply the things she's learning. I always remind her of what faith in Jesus Christ can do to help us overcome everything even our doubts and fears. She just needs to be more diligent in studying as she consider her health as a hindrance. I applied a different strategy in training her than I used to since she has some innate behavior which I truly can't control. I don't want to pressure her yet I want to let her feel that missionary work is God's work and not ours. So we need to respect God's time and make use more wisely of his resources. Instead of telling her to do this and that, which she felt sometimes I think one of the reasons that depressed her of having lots of things to do - I don't want truly to spoon feed her - I received an inspired revelation as I plead with Heavenly Father and we made a different training which is not centered on apartment's study but more on application which is proselyting in the morning and afternoon, which turned out to make her feel satisfied and happy. Since she's used to work always in the afternoon and her training was in the morning before. Most of the time, I always let her lead in the planning and the time that we will go out. Again, instead of being a talker - I lead by example to her and let her use her agency if she'll gonna follow what I do - as the Spirit prompts her to do which is my continuous reminder to her to "Hearken always to the Spirit". That means not only hearing nor listening but listening at the same time obeying. Everything turned out well President.

We already have a gospel essential class and we finally determine who the Branch Missionaries are and we're so grateful that they set time to work with us in their available schedules. We are now closed to the Branch Leaders as we visit them and minister unto them into their homes lifting them up to look on the brighter side of every member of the Church.

 I am learning a lot. Sorry for the weaknesses that I have, and my heart and mind is determined not to go back to that depression again as I strive to have a meaningful prayer and scripture study everyday. I learned many things of respecting other's agency and thinking about their welfare and not insisting on what I wanted to happen, yet being just here, ready to facilitate if they needed help. We are now happy in our new apartment which is much better than the previous one. Everything is turning out well. Though I'm not an STL here, I continuously apply what I've learned before. I learned that leadership is truly not telling people to do this and that but a more effective way is to teach by example to them. Respecting their agency is the highlight yet continuous reminder is a sign as well of showing your care and love to them.

I love you all!!!!!

Love,

Sister Cornillez

No comments:

Post a Comment