Monday, September 24, 2018

One of our progressing person's baptism was announced last Sunday and Sister Isabel Mabaslay's interview will be this Tuesday. She is truly ready for making covenants with Heavenly Father! We saw how she progressed and her baptism will be this Saturday. She truly loves to read the scriptures and we witnessed that when a person is truly nourished with the word of God and keep her commitments, she truly gains her own testimony. We're very happy as well when Sis. Carvina Antonio truly decided to be baptized on the 6th of October. She is already ready and her confirmation is what we're waiting for and finally she set her own baptismal date. We are very excited from the progress of Heavenly Father's children. It is true that after much tribulation, blessings truly come. Since we have just experience a big trial from a golden referral who decided to stop teaching him to avoid conflict with his wife. It happened that last last Sunday, he truly came to Church with a spiritual and uplifting experience with the members but her wife indirectly showed that she approved his decision that's why when he went home they talked about it and to stop their conflict, he decided not to be taught. The one who referred was so disappointed of what happened but as we discerned, we gave them words of wisdom as a respect of Bro. Mario's agency. We know that what he felt and experienced during our lessons and the time he attended the Sabbath Day service, he truly can't deny it. At least, we've planted to their hearts, even to her wife's heart the message of peace for the family. But her wife is still close-minded about it. On the other hand, most of the people who continuously come to Church were Primaries who truly enjoyed coming but we're still working out their parents' consent and taught their parent as well about the message of the Restoration. The children truly want to be baptized but as a respect to their parents who are still not approving about it though we've explained to them already about that concerns, we respect their decision and we told the children that someday their parents' heart will be softened at the right time, they just need to continuously show good example unto them and follow their counsels.

Last District Meeting that we had was so spiritual and refreshing as our District Leader Elder Belleza taught us about doing the basics for us to become PMG scholars and experienced missionaries who are worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I'm inspired as well of the companionship of Sister Dela Serna and Sister Talactac as they have a weekly baptism as a fruit of their labors even their diligence as we witnessed and followed up on them as their leaders. We met some of the people they taught and we saw families who are truly potential to receive the saving ordinances.

Again, we've experienced more trials in our companionship these past few days. :( Aside from the problem in my health, my depression again attacked as I strive to overcome it. I hadn't controlled my natural self. :( I'm so blessed with a very patient and understanding companion that despite of what happened to me, she's still there to help me recover and she truly showed a great initiative in doing actively the missionary work in which I have gradually recovered because of her decisions. She truly can already lead the area and she's so humble enough to always make room for improvement of herself in skills and the attributes we strive to improve.

We didn't have a Missionary Coordination Meeting last Sunday since our Branch Mission Leader had a problem physically but we still coordinated with the Branch Missionaries and Auxiliary Leaders in fellow shipping the nonmembers and in working out the upcoming baptisms. We're very happy of the support among the members who are giving warm welcome unto them.

I truly want to fight the natural man within me. I instantly got depressed for no reason. I got insomnia for just 3 days but eventually I recovered when I got sick last Thursday. I felt the word "exhaustion" (since truly I'm weak physically even before mission but I'm always striving to take care of my health - I'm blessed that here in the field, I'm less sickly). I hate the word tranky because there's truly not such a term. My body just reacted that even my mind conceived negative things. I think I wanted new environment but I don't know what I truly felt last week. I don't want it to happen again. I strive to have more communications with the people around me, meet the members who truly could inspire and they did helped me recover and I read more books even the words of the prophets. I know what my mind can conceive, my body can truly achieve. I hope I'll not be defeated by the adversary again.


Love,

Sister Cornillez

No comments:

Post a Comment